Re: Posrgres speed problem

От Ruben Rubio Rey
Тема Re: Posrgres speed problem
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Gábriel Ákos wrote:

> Ruben Rubio Rey wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> Im having a problem with postgres 8.1.3 on a Fedora Core 3 (kernel
>> 2.6.9-1.667smp)
>>
>> I have two similar servers, one in production and another for testing
>> purposes.
>> Databases are equal (with a difference of some hours)
>>
>> In the testing server, an sql sentence takes arround 1 sec.
>> In production server (low server load) takes arround 50 secs, and
>> uses too much resources.
>>
>> Explain analyze takes too much load, i had to cancel it!
>>
>> Could it be a  it a bug?
>> Any ideas?
>

> vacuum full analyse the database.

I use to do it all nights
Its an script with content:

DIREC=/usr/local/pgsql/bin/
DIRLOGS=/var/log/rentalia
LOGBIN=/usr/sbin/cronolog
echo "vacuum vacadb..." | $LOGBIN $DIRLOGS/%Y-%m-%d_limpieza.log
date | $LOGBIN $DIRLOGS/%Y-%m-%d_limpieza.log
$DIREC/vacuumdb -f -v --analyze vacadb 2>&1 | $LOGBIN
$DIRLOGS/%Y-%m-%d_limpieza.log
echo "reindex database vacadb;" | $DIREC/psql vacadb 2>&1 | $LOGBIN
$DIRLOGS/%Y-%m-%d_limpieza.log
date | $LOGBIN $DIRLOGS/%Y-%m-%d_limpieza.log

No errors or warnings are reported. instead repeating it now, I preffer
to wait at tomorrow to check again the logs