Sequences

От Andrew Rawnsley
Тема Sequences
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I'm hoping someone can tell me I'm wrong, but I'm thinking not. Anyway,
here it goes:

Sequence information is stored in their individual 1-row tables, with
an entry is pg_class of relkind 'S'. So you can't
really get a list of sequences with last_value in a single query
without a butt-ugly pile of UNIONs in a query
manufactured after a query on pg_class (i.e. SELECT * FROM seq1 UNION
SELECT * FROM seq2...). And
the result would have no schema name with the sequence name, unless I
make my UNION query that much butt-uglier
(i.e. SELECT schema1 || '.' || sequence_name,last_value FROM seq1 UNION
SELECT schema1 || '.' || sequence_name,
last_value FROM seq2,...).

Tell me I have an elegant solution there, and I'll give you flattery
points but I'll still laugh at you.

Anyone have any other tricks?

Andrew Rawnsley
President
The Ravensfield Digital Resource Group, Ltd.
(740) 587-0114
www.ravensfield.com