Re: Moving Postgres Database

От Chris
Тема Re: Moving Postgres Database
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Edward Coyle wrote:
> I want to move a windows server 2003 based postgres database from one
> server to another server, can I just copy and paste the base folder or
> do I have to do a backup and restore? If so what options work best for
> creating a file to move?

I think if you shut down postgresql on both systems then you can
copy/paste the folder structure.

However they must be exactly the same versions - ie you can't do this if
one system is 8.0.1 and one is 8.1 or even if one is 8.0.1 and one is 8.0.4.

Your other alternative is to use pg_dumpall to create an database dump
to import on the new server.

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/