Re: Driver for Postgres 7.2

От Markus Schaber
Тема Re: Driver for Postgres 7.2
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi, David,

David Marin Arroyo schrieb:

> I want to communicate my Java application(JDK 1.4.2) with one database
> Postgres 7.2.

You should consider updating your server, as the 7.2 series is not
supported any more, that means that no bugs and security fixes will be
issued by the PostgreSQL developers. If you cannot afford a major
upgrade, make sure that you have at least the latest 7.2.X point release.

> I have downloaded driver jdbc (pg72jdbc2) but I found one error in my

It should be possible to use the latest Driver (8.1) against a 7.2
server, I personally used the 7.4 driver against a 7.2 server
successfully. This way, you can profit from driver updates and fixes
since 7.2.

> application: org.postgresql.Driver not found.

It seems that the driver jar is not in your classpath. Try to enshure
that the jar is in your classpath, deployed in your application server,
or (dangerous) installed in the extension directory of your JRE / JDK.

HTH,
Schabi