Re: Further reduction of bufmgr lock contention

От Gavin Hamill
Тема Re: Further reduction of bufmgr lock contention
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> We're certainly not putting any such thing into 8.1.*.  The proposed
> patch for 8.2 is stalled ATM because of the problem of not having a
> predictable size for the per-partition hash tables.  Fixed-size shared
> memory is a harsh mistress :-(

Fair enough :)

Just wanted to ascertain that it was still a going concern - I have full
confidence that you'll have a brainwave one morning as to the perfect
solution =)

gdh

Сообщение: Re: error-free disabling of individual child partition
Сообщение: Re: error-free disabling of individual child partition