Re: [OT] MySQL is bad, but THIS bad?

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: [OT] MySQL is bad, but THIS bad?
Дата
Re: [OT] MySQL is bad, but THIS bad?  (Michael Paesold <mpaesold@gmx.at>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Thomas Hallgren wrote:
> John DeSoi wrote:
>>
>> Right, you'll definitely need to hack the C source code to force
>> PostgreSQL to accept invalid dates ;)
>>
>> http://sql-info.de/mysql/gotchas.html#1_14
>>
> Couldn't we just install something that replaced invalid dates with a
> randomly generated but otherwise correct dates? That way they would
> become completely invisible. No one could even tell that the date was
> invalid to start with.

No we can't, because then we are taking an invalid date, which is
potentially valid data (to the user) and modifying it to a valid date
that is indeed invalid data.

One of the reasons that mysql is just stupid.

Joshua D. Drake

> Regards,
> Thomas Hallgren

Sales/Support: +1.503.667.4564 || 24x7/Emergency: +1.800.492.2240   Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL
solutionssince 1997             http://www.commandprompt.com/

Сообщение: Re: [OT] MySQL is bad, but THIS bad?
Сообщение: Re: [OT] MySQL is bad, but THIS bad?