Re: pgsql: * Stephen Frost (sfrost@snowman.net) wrote:

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: pgsql: * Stephen Frost (sfrost@snowman.net) wrote:
Дата
Re: pgsql: * Stephen Frost (sfrost@snowman.net) wrote:  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-committers
Bruce Momjian wrote:

>>Bruce, people would appreciate it if you made some effort to ensure
>>that commit messages describe the main purposes of the patch, rather
>>than being just the verbatim text of the last message in the thread.
>>The above log message is not merely overly verbose, but completely
>>useless.  One might guess that the change had something to do with
>>Kerberos, but what?
>>

>First I am hearing a complaint.  I will try to clean them up.

Well, not everyone is as assertive as Tom :-)

One other thing: it's important that the first words in your commit
mesage summarise the contents of the commit, because that's what gets
put in the subject line of the committers email message. Recent examples
can be seen here:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2006-03/index.php

I don't read every committers message, and the subject lines can help me
filter them intelligently.

cheers

andrew