Re: Demo ideas?

От Thomas Hallgren
Тема Re: Demo ideas?
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Michael Fuhr wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 02, 2006 at 10:05:49AM -0800, David Fetter wrote:
>> On Thu, Feb 02, 2006 at 09:58:38AM -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
>>> Does anyone have suggestions on some quick things I can do to show
>>> off some of PostgreSQL's unique features?
>> PL/R and PostGIS would be good for showing off extensibility.  I'd
>> mention DBI-Link, but I'm not a disinterested party ;)
>
> I was going to mention PostGIS as well.  Showing that you can write
> server-side functions in many languages (Perl, Python, Tcl, Ruby,
> PHP, R, sh, etc.) should score geek points, especially if you
> demonstrate what can be done with set-returning functions.

Tech analysts seems to have an increasing interest in Java these days. Enterprise features,
J2EE, Eclipse, jada jada.

Show Eclipse with Clay (http://www.azzurri.jp/en/software/clay/index.jsp) for instance. Easy
to set up and gives a good graphical demo. PostgreSQL has an excellent JDBC driver suite
(will be used in the demo). And don't forget to mention PL/Java ;-)

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren