Re: Compile/Link Error for Postgres 8.1.0 on Solaris 8

От Alan Stange
Тема Re: Compile/Link Error for Postgres 8.1.0 on Solaris 8
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Tom Lane wrote:
> Alan Stange <stange@rentec.com> writes:
>
>> Bhide, Rajan wrote:
>>
>>> ./configure --without-readline --enable-thread-safety CFLAGS=-xO4
>>> -D_REENTRANT -xipo -mt -lpthread
>>> CC=/export/home/uxapps/workshop/SUNWspro/bin/cc
>>>

>> Given that you've enabled -xipo, and the error is related to ipo, I'd
>> suggest dropping that option for now.
>>

> Putting -lpthread into CFLAGS seems pretty foolish as well.  If you
> needed to specify that explicitly (which you do not) it would belong
> in LDFLAGS --- putting it in CFLAGS is pretty certain to screw up
> link order and so on.  And what is -mt?
>
>             regards, tom lane

     -mt  Passes D_REENTRANT to preprocessor. Appends -lthread
          after all other user-specified libraries on the command
          line.  If you are doing your own multithread coding,
          you must use this option in the compile and link steps.
          To obtain faster execution, this option requires a mul-
          tiprocessor system. On a single-processor system, the
          resulting executable usually runs more slowly with this
          option.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Compile/Link Error for Postgres 8.1.0 on Solaris 8
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Compile/Link Error for Postgres 8.1.0 on Solaris 8