Re: About not to see insertion result "INSERT 0 1"

От Sven Willenberger
Тема Re: About not to see insertion result "INSERT 0 1"
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Emi Lu presumably uttered the following on 11/21/05 15:40:
> Greetings,
>
> I tried to run insert command from a .sql file. For example, in a.sql
> file there are 100,000 lines like
> insert into t1 values(... ...);
> insert into t1 values(... ...);
> insert into t1 values(... ...);
> ... ...
>
> I do not want to see the 100,000 times "INSERT 0 1"  displayed by
> postgreSQL. Is there a way to hide the output "INSERT 0 1" generated by
> postgresql ?
>
> Thanks a lot!
> Emi

Depending on how your application works, you would probably see a marked
speed increase by using the copy command rather than 100k insert lines.
The file could just be your Values(...) section which could then be
sucked in via copy.

Sven