Re: Time trigger

От Tino Wildenhain
Тема Re: Time trigger
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Piechu Piechu schrieb:
> hello
>
> I'm new in this list, so sorry if my question seems stupid
>
> Is it possible to invoke store procedure because of time, I mean for example I want my procedure to be invoked every
tenminutes - what should I do to reach this goal

Usually one takes the system cron service to start a script
which in turn acts on the database in the way you want.
Since you are using windows, you perhaps have no built in
way (although I remember there was an ability with IE
offline pages you can use to timely trigger things iirc)
but there are many "cron" - like tools for download
you could use.

Postgres has currently no built in for that because
the vast number of instances run on some unices where
cron is common.

HTH
Tino Wildenhain