Re: Certification and SRA

От Robert Cleary
Тема Re: Certification and SRA
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Having taken part in the "Certification Available + Pronounce thread",
and thought about it, I think the other guys are right.

The SRA certification would suffice.

I think, it would be better to put efforts into really good RDBMS
tutorial documentation - make them the best out there, and therein
target the Universities. Universities i'm sure will link to these
excellent resources, and the knock on effect would be to get beginners
a) learning RDBMS the right-way, and b) with a slant towards PostgreSQl
usage.

Really good get-up-and-running documentation, and examples of
graduate-year style sample projects - and hints and tips on and
good-practice, database design, and compatibility issues explained would
be most beneficial.

This way, you get open-source training - improving the quality of
new-comer's knowledge of RDMBS's (They'll read till the cows come home
if it means they get help on there projects and learn key database-point
that they can impress in their reports). This well trained new wave will
then (I think) provide the best means of securing the brightest future
for PostgreSQL and database systems of the future etc.