Re: Linux trademark and PostgreSQL

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Linux trademark and PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
>  Whether the licensor (e.g. the owner of the mark) is a private individual or the "PostgreSQL Foundation" is not
relevantfrom the perspective of the licensee.  That is a separate question.

> Pervasive is interested in becoming a formal licensee of the mark.  Just to be clear, we have no desire to be the
exclusivelicensee.

> We believe that the bar to becoming a licensee of the mark should be low, just as the bar to using the software is.
Wewould

>contribute to the creation of a licensing contract, up to assisting in the creation of a PostgreSQL Mark Institute as
thelicensing vehicle if that is what makes the most sense.

I believe using the PostgreSQL Foundation for this is the most appropriate.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

От: "Lance Obermeyer"
Сообщение: Re: Linux trademark and PostgreSQL
От: Chris Travers
Сообщение: Re: Linux trademark and PostgreSQL