Re: What's the best way to deal with the pk_seq sequence value after a restore (bulk loading)?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: What's the best way to deal with the pk_seq sequence value after a restore (bulk loading)?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Wang, Mary Y" <mary.y.wang@boeing.com> writes:
> Actually I got that type of error during the restore process( I used pg_dump --insert option when doing the dump).
Butthe interesting thing is that even though it flagged as an error, those rows of inserts still made to the table with
thecorrect bug_id. So I'm not too worried about it right now.
> I've always suspected that the database was inconsistent state.

OK, what probably happened was that the data was loaded okay and then
you got these errors from the commands that attempted to create unique
indexes.  So aside from the problem that your data is inconsistent,
you now also lack indexes.  You probably ought to see about fixing
the duplications so that you can establish the indexes.

От: Dimitri Fontaine
Сообщение: Re: What's the best way to deal with the pk_seq sequence value after a restore (bulk loading)?
От: Scott Ribe
Сообщение: Re: What's the best way to deal with the pk_seq sequence value after a restore (bulk loading)?