Re: proposal: psql: psql variable BACKEND_PID

От Daniel Verite
Тема Re: proposal: psql: psql variable BACKEND_PID
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
    I wrote:

> > In the varlistentry, I suggest we add "This variable is unset when the
> > connection is lost." after "but can be changed or unset.
>
> Personally I'd much rather have BACKEND_PID set to 0 rather than being unset
> when not connected. For one thing it allows safely using \if :BACKEND_PID.

Oops it turns out that was wishful thinking from me.
\if does not interpret a non-zero integer as true, except for the
value "1".
I'd still prefer BACKEND_PID being 0 when not connected, though.

Best regards,
--
Daniel Vérité
https://postgresql.verite.pro/

Сообщение: Re: Time delayed LR (WAS Re: logical replication restrictions)
Сообщение: RE: Time delayed LR (WAS Re: logical replication restrictions)