Re: FW: execute dynamic strings. need help.

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: FW: execute dynamic strings. need help.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Stefan.Ardeleanu@siveco.ro wrote:
> Thank you very, very much. It works.
> Do you know if exista another similar possibility do resolve this problem
> without need to know the columns types?

Well, you could cast all the output columns to type text, then you'd
only need to know how many columns there were. Otherwise, no - the
system needs to know what types are involved either from the function or
the query itself.

> In JDBC, when calling this function, you have to know these column types?

No idea if it works with JDBC I'm afraid. You'll have to give it a try.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd