Re: linux world and table partitioning

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: linux world and table partitioning
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
>A lot of Oracle guys came up to the booth and one of them asked specifically
>about table partitioning. He asked "when is it going to get done?" and "if we
>want to do it why aren't we canvassing the corporate world (or a particular
>company) to sponsor it?".

Interesting. Well I can tell you that Command Prompt routinely
pursues companies to help push features back into the source.
The ECPG changes we submitted and some upcoming ODBC features
are an example of this.

However what we have found is that most people running PostgreSQL
don't need table partitioning. We only have 3 customers that
would benefit from it.

Of course, now that I think about it I haven't talked to them
about the feature --- time to make some phone calls!

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

>Your input would be appreciated.
>
>Robert Bernier

Вложения

От: Robert Bernier
Сообщение: linux world and table partitioning
От: "Vishal Kashyap @ [SaiHertz]"
Сообщение: Linux Asia 2005