Re: OID Usage

От Bo Lorentsen
Тема Re: OID Usage
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Alvaro Herrera wrote:

>Most system catalogs use OIDs as primary keys.  So they cannot just
>disappear.  But on user tables, there's not a lot of use for them IMHO.

Ok, I think it is about time it is stated more clearly in the documentation.

>There's no internal row id on Postgres; having one would mean more
>storage requirements.  If you want one, you know where to get it ... if
>not, you may as well save the space.

So, how does a index relate to a row ? There have to be some way of
addressing a row ?

/BL

От: Michael Fuhr
Сообщение: Re: is there anyway to get the backends IP address from the PID?
От: Berteun Damman
Сообщение: Pgsql taking a *lot* of CPU time (unkillable).