Re: SELECT from multiple tables (not join though)

От Madison Kelly
Тема Re: SELECT from multiple tables (not join though)
Дата
Re: SELECT from multiple tables (not join though)  (Bruno Wolff III <bruno@wolff.to>)
Re: SELECT from multiple tables (not join though)  ("Frank D. Engel, Jr." <fde101@fjrhome.net>)
Список pgsql-general
Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 10, 2005 at 12:47:53 -0500,
>   Madison Kelly <linux@alteeve.com> wrote:
>
>>The trick now is I need to know which table each result came from. I can
>>add another column and record the table number and SELECT that at the
>>same time but before I do I was wondering if I can do this more
>>efficiently or elegantly.
>

> You can add a constant to the select list in each of the subselects
> that indicates which table is being used.

^.^; Can you point me to docs that will help me learn how to do that?
Thanks! Or rather, do you mean add a column to the table with an ID for
the table that I select beside the file_name? If so, that is what I am
planning to do if I can't find a smoother way to do it.

Thanks!!

Madison