Re: Emacs vs Vi (Was: Re: PostgreSQL in the press

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Emacs vs Vi (Was: Re: PostgreSQL in the press
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> Since the history on this was cut off, I would just like to remind
> everyone that it was Josh Berkus' idea to start a thread on emacs vs vi
> (altho, of course, he did suggest it "tongue in cheek" ... the rest of
> us just had to jump onto the bandwagon *grin*) ...

Noted ;)

> between them, compiling without exiting the editor ... one thing that it
> did do nicely was that if you compiled inside of the editor, the
> 'errors' linked to the actual code itself, so you could jump right to it
>
> Between screen and X though, vi uses less resources, and other then the
> 'jumping to the buggy code' feature, the rest can be easily duplicated ...

I like joe which has wordstar type key bindings and is modeless. You can
do the whole multi-screen,buffer deal as well.

I also know vi but will use joe anytime I can :)

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

> ----
> Email: scrappy@hub.org           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664

Command Prompt, Inc., home of PostgreSQL Replication, and plPHP.

Вложения