Re: Make documentation builds reproducible

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Make documentation builds reproducible
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 20.01.24 17:03, Tom Lane wrote:
> Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org> writes:
>> I think there was general agreement with what this patch is doing, but I
>> guess it's too boring to actually review the patch in detail.  Let's
>> say, if there are no objections, I'll go ahead and commit it.
>
> I re-read the thread and have two thoughts:
>
> * We worried about whether this change would be compatible with a
> (presently unreleased) version of docbook that contains the upstreamed
> fix.  It seems unlikely that there's a problem, but maybe worth
> checking?

The code in the patch is the same code as upstream, so it would behave
the same as a new release.

> * I gather that the point here is to change some generated anchor
> tags.  Would any of these tags be things people would be likely
> to have bookmarked?

No, because the problem is that the anchor names are randomly generated
in each build.

Сообщение: Re: PG12 change to DO UPDATE SET column references
Сообщение: Re: PG12 change to DO UPDATE SET column references