Re: Java app and SPI functions

От Adriaan Joubert
Тема Re: Java app and SPI functions
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi Ntinos,

    You don't need to use PL/Java - you can call the SPI functions
through standard SQL. I have C functions that return tuples and call
them with executeQuery(...).

The function in question is defined as

CREATE TYPE correlation_type AS
(
        id INTEGER,
        num_points INTEGER,
        correlation FLOAT8
);

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION
   max_min_correlation(int,smallint,smallint,int,int)
RETURNS SETOF correlation_type
AS '$libdir/contrib/my_func.so','max_min_correlation'
LANGUAGE 'C' STABLE STRICT;

and then I call it with

ResultSet results = st
                    .executeQuery("SELECT * FROM