Re: Fix compiler warnings on 64-bit Windows

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Fix compiler warnings on 64-bit Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> Ooops.  Poking around, it looks like this version of gcc has brought its
> own stdbool.h, but not stdint.h:
> Kind of annoying.  Perhaps more recent gcc versions fixed that?

Here we go, in the gcc 4.5.x release notes:

    GCC now ensures that a C99-conforming <stdint.h> is present on most
    targets, and uses information about the types in this header to
    implement the Fortran bindings to those types. GCC does not ensure the
    presence of such a header, and does not implement the Fortran
    bindings, on the following targets: NetBSD, VxWorks, VMS, SymbianOS,
    WinCE, LynxOS, Netware, QNX, Interix, TPF.

4.5 seems annoyingly recent for this purpose (barely 10 years old).
Also, I'd previously tried and failed to use 4.2.4 and 4.0.4 on that
platform --- they didn't seem to be able to cope with the old header
files.  (Now I wonder if the lack of stdint.h had something to do
with it... although those versions did build, they just were buggy.)

Anyway, I'll have a go at updating gaur to use 4.5.x.  There is a
sane-looking stdint.h on my second-oldest dinosaur, prairiedog.
Don't know about the situation on Windows, though.  We might want
to take a close look at NetBSD, too, based on the GCC notes.