Re: longfin missing gssapi_ext.h

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: longfin missing gssapi_ext.h
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Yeah, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if many folks running
> FreeBSD with any interest in Kerberos have MIT Kerberos installed given
> that Heimdal doesn't seem to be under any kind of ongoing active
> development and is just in this maintenance mode.

Yeah, that's a pretty scary situation for security-critical software.
Maybe we should just desupport Heimdal, rather than investing effort
to the contrary?

Also, the core-code versions of Heimdal in these BSDen are even scarier
than the upstream releases, so I'm thinking that the fact that we
currently compile against them is more a net negative than a positive.
(Same logic as for macOS, really.)

IOW, maybe it'd be okay to de-revert 3d4fa227b and add documentation
saying that --with-gssapi requires MIT Kerberos not Heimdal.

Сообщение: Re: longfin missing gssapi_ext.h
Сообщение: Re: longfin missing gssapi_ext.h