Re: Change GUC hashtable to use simplehash?

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: Change GUC hashtable to use simplehash?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2023-11-29 at 20:31 +0700, John Naylor wrote:
> Attached is a rough start with Andres's earlier ideas, to get
> something concrete out there.

The implementation of string hash in 0004 forgot to increment 'buf'.

I tested using the new hash function APIs for my search path cache, and
there's a significant speedup for cases not benefiting from a86c61c9ee.
It's enough that we almost don't need a86c61c9ee. So a definite +1 to
the new APIs.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis