[Fwd: Re: Using char fields with 7.1.3 driver]

От
Тема [Fwd: Re: Using char fields with 7.1.3 driver]
Дата
Re: [Fwd: Re: Using char fields with 7.1.3 driver]
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hmm.. ok.

Just I usually prefer using fixed field lengths as queries tend to be
significantly faster. Also, you can use them in indexes.

I find it strange that that would be the case...

And it leads me to wonder how you would represent an ending  "space" in a
field,

for example
insert into names values(1,'This is a space    ');

for perhaps some sort of formatting or something otherwise.

I'll try and find something in the postgres documentation to disable this
then I guess.

-Jeff