Re: Defining a "tinyint" data type - one byte unsigned

От Shachar Shemesh
Тема Re: Defining a "tinyint" data type - one byte unsigned
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
Shachar Shemesh wrote:

> Hmm - replying to my own post.
>
> I did cut one corner, in that I did not implement tiny->int8 and
> tiny->non integers yet. That is, however, an implementation detail
> rather than a principal problem. If that is the whole problem, I'll
> add those as well. I would rather, before doing the extra work, hear
> that this is indeed all that is needed to get it in.

Replying to my own post again!

The documentation for SQL Server says this
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/tsqlref/ts_ia-iz_3ss4.asp):

> Functions will return *bigint* only if the parameter expression is a
> *bigint* data type. SQL Server will not automatically promote other
> integer data types (*tinyint*, *smallint*, and *int*) to *bigint*.

Perhaps Postgres is not alone with it's casting problems.

--
Shachar Shemesh
Lingnu Open Systems Consulting

От: Shachar Shemesh
Сообщение: Re: Defining a "tinyint" data type - one byte unsigned
От: Dennis Bjorklund
Сообщение: Re: Defining a "tinyint" data type - one byte unsigned