Re: [pgsql-advocacy] MySQL+InnoDB vs. PostgreSQL test?

От Mark Harrison
Тема Re: [pgsql-advocacy] MySQL+InnoDB vs. PostgreSQL test?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Jan Wieck wrote:
> It might not work with the words I used above, but the point I tried to
> make is that the hardest thing you can "sell" is a "no". I mean, not
> just saying "no", but selling it in a way that the customer will not go
> with the next idiot who claims "we can do that".

But you will need some kind of data or reasoning to back up your response,
especially if it is deviating from the conventional wisdom, or from
some familiar system.

Especially in this case, it's not a "no" answer that's being sold...
it's "solution a is better than solution b, even though you might
be more familiar with solution b."

Cheers,
Mark