Re: Comments on adding more connection URL parameters.

От Oliver Jowett
Тема Re: Comments on adding more connection URL parameters.
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Kris Jurka wrote:

> On Wed, 4 Feb 2004, Oliver Jowett wrote:
>

>>One issue with the DataSource mapping is that it gets harder to support
>>a whole family of parameters (e.g. the guc_ prefix suggested) in one go,
>>as we need to know the exact set of parameters we support at compile
>>time so we can declare the necessary accessor methods. Maybe we could
>>provide a catchall accessor (setExtraParameters()?) that takes a
>>Properties object or similar.
>

> Yes, supporting all GUC options is something we certainly wouldn't want to
> do by providing a method for each one.  Especially since different server
> versions have different options and syntax.  I imagine setGUC(String name,
> String value) would be sufficient.  I suppose also we would have to be
> aware of GUC options that the driver sets itself (like datestyle and
> client_encoding) to ensure that these are not overwritten.

DataSource accessors are meant to follow the JavaBeans property model. I
don't think that lets you do two-parameter accessors (the only exception
is "indexed accessors" that take (int, othertype)), which is why I
suggested passing a Properties object originally. We could pass a single
String[][] argument but that seems a bit nasty and less likely to be
supported by a generic app using introspection.. even using Properties
is a bit dodgy here.

-O