Re: 2021-08-12 release announcement draft

От Jonathan S. Katz
Тема Re: 2021-08-12 release announcement draft
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 8/11/21 7:25 PM, David Rowley wrote:
> Thanks for drafting this up.
>
> On Thu, 12 Aug 2021 at 04:32, Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:
>> Please ensure you have your feedback in no later than midnight today
>> (Aug 11) AoE[1].
>
> It might not be the exact technical feedback you had in mind, but I
> think the following could be improved:
>
> + This release marks the third beta release of PostgreSQL 14 and puts the
> + community one step closer to general availability this fall.
>
> I think the above wording is pretty good if your audience was entirely
> based in, or at least expected to be based in North America.

This is a fair point, and elsewhere on the website we reference major
releases occurring near the end of the third quarter.

I've updated it to:

"This release marks the third beta release of PostgreSQL 14 and puts the
community one step closer to general availability around the end of the
third quarter."

Thanks,

Jonathan

Вложения