Re: [long] Picking A Target Market (was Re: A cohesive

От Alexey Borzov
Тема Re: [long] Picking A Target Market (was Re: A cohesive
Дата
Re: [long] Picking A Target Market (was Re: A  (Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim@gunduz.org>)
Список pgsql-advocacy
Hi!

Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:
>>(4) is where we get into all that marketspeek such as "branding" and
>>"awareness" - getting the Label out there everywhere so that by the time
>>the word "database" has flitted across some poor victim's brain, the
>>association has already been made with "PostgreSQL" or at least "Elephant".
>

> Problem is, "elephant" is also associated with PHP. Maybe we can make
> PostgreSQL's logo a mammoth or a mastodon? :)

Well, PHP does not have an official mascot. Elephant *is* used, but I think
mostly by french PHP community.

Besides, the biggest problem with PostgreSQL logo is that it is impossible to
find. If it was shown all over the web, no one will dare choose elephant as
their mascot. ;