Re: Test (fwd)

От Chris Smith
Тема Re: Test (fwd)
Дата
Список pgsql-php
Write your own function.

function compileinsertquery($table,$formfieldarray,$formfieldvalues) {
         $insertquery = "INSERT INTO $table (";
         foreach ($formfieldarray as $id => $val) {
                 $insertquery .= $val.",";
         }
         $insertquery = substr($insertquery,0,-1); # remove last ,
         $insertquery .= ") VALUES (";
         foreach ($formfieldvalues as $id => $val) {
                 $insertquery .= "'".$val."',";
         }
         $insertquery = substr($insertquery,0,-1); # remove last ,
         $insertquery .= ")";
echo "your insert query is ".$insertquery;
}

obviously check it's working ok (this is a 10sec job) before using it.

all done.

And yes, the pg_exec function is the only way to actually manipulate the
database in any way. If you've read the docs, you'd know this.

>To reword.
>
>I am an open source programmer just learning the ropes.  I am about
>halfway through the php documentation at zend.com, and can't seem to post
>to the php.lists.net.  So I am asking someone here...
>I need to take the entries from several web forms, and put their contents
>into a postresql database.  The php function pg_exec is the only way I've
>seen to actually use INSERT.
>Here is my idea:  -using arrays
>
>$query = "insert into <table_name> ($names_of_form_fields)
>                                                 values
> ($values_of_form_fields);
>
>so there you have it.
>I have been to php.net