Re: [HACKERS] (don't know who else to tell) 6.5 gets build on LinuxPPCR5 but fails a lot of regr. tests

От gravity
Тема Re: [HACKERS] (don't know who else to tell) 6.5 gets build on LinuxPPCR5 but fails a lot of regr. tests
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At 19:15 17-6-99 -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> At 11:00 17-6-99 -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> >Someone please let me know of -O0 or -O take care of the problem.
>>
>> -O0 is good
>>
>> -O is NOT good
>> ( and just to make sure -O1 is NOT good either )
>
>OK, should I change the template for linux_ppc to -O0?

I'm in way over my head here, don't know anything about C, don't know the
source code of postgres, so don't listen to me.
( I just thought last night to try and see if I could get LinuxPPCR5 to run
on my Motorola Starmax and when that was done I thought to try and build
postgres on it, just for fun)

how bad is it that -O2 will not work? LinuxPPCR5 probably is not one of the
main platforms postgres is running on.
If not being able to -O2 the compile is really bad for perfomance a note in
the INSTALL would be in order to let people know that running on LinuxPPCR5
is not going to be a fast ride, and that the postgres dev team is aware of
the problem and that is being worked on :)

and yes change the template for linux_ppc to -O0