Re: Re: JDBC 2.0 conformance, documentation and todo list

От Rene Pijlman
Тема Re: Re: JDBC 2.0 conformance, documentation and todo list
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On Wed, 08 Aug 2001 15:11:03 -0700, Dave Harkness wrote:
>>Unfortunately, I'm getting many failed results with messages
>>like this:
>>ERROR: SQL Exception : No suitable driver
>>ERROR: java.lang.NullPointerException
>
>The first error tells me the JAR with the driver is not in your classpath?
>The manager cannot find the PostgreSQL JDBC driver, and thus you are
>getting a null connection object from DriverManager.getConnection().

Yes, but the same test suite has hundreds of tests that *do*
succeed. I can't imagine the driver is flipping in and out of
the classpath :-) But I'll doublecheck. Thanks.

Perhaps it has something to do with connection pooling (these
tests run in J2EE EJB's)...

In case someone wants to have a look at it, the (huge) log file
is available on
http://lab.applinet.nl/postgresql-jdbc/PostgreSQL_7.1.2_CTS_1.2.1a_jdbc-tests_log.txt
(6.4 MB). And the test suite can be downloaded from
http://java.sun.com/products/jdbc/jdbctestsuite-1_2_1.html. It
requires a J2EE platform, such as Sun's reference implementation
in the J2EE SDK.

Regards,
René Pijlman