Re: SQL:2011 application time

От Paul Jungwirth
Тема Re: SQL:2011 application time
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2/13/24 21:00, jian he wrote:
> Hi
> more minor issues.
>
> + FindFKComparisonOperators(
> + fkconstraint, tab, i, fkattnum,
> + &old_check_ok, &old_pfeqop_item,
> + pktypoid[i], fktypoid[i], opclasses[i],
> + is_temporal, false,
> + &pfeqoperators[i], &ppeqoperators[i], &ffeqoperators[i]);
> + }
> + if (is_temporal) {
> + pkattnum[numpks] = pkperiodattnum;
> + pktypoid[numpks] = pkperiodtypoid;
> + fkattnum[numpks] = fkperiodattnum;
> + fktypoid[numpks] = fkperiodtypoid;
>
> - pfeqop = get_opfamily_member(opfamily, opcintype, fktyped,
> - eqstrategy);
> - if (OidIsValid(pfeqop))
> - {
> - pfeqop_right = fktyped;
> - ffeqop = get_opfamily_member(opfamily, fktyped, fktyped,
> - eqstrategy);
> - }
> - else
> - {
> - /* keep compiler quiet */
> - pfeqop_right = InvalidOid;
> - ffeqop = InvalidOid;
> - }
> + FindFKComparisonOperators(
> + fkconstraint, tab, numpks, fkattnum,
> + &old_check_ok, &old_pfeqop_item,
> + pkperiodtypoid, fkperiodtypoid, opclasses[numpks],
> + is_temporal, true,
> + &pfeqoperators[numpks], &ppeqoperators[numpks], &ffeqoperators[numpks]);
> + numfks += 1;
> + numpks += 1;
> + }
>
> opening curly brace should be the next line,

Fixed in v25 (submitted in my other email).

> also do you think it's
> good idea to add following in the `if (is_temporal)` branch
> `
> Assert(OidIsValid(fkperiodtypoid) && OidIsValid(pkperiodtypoid));
> Assert(OidIsValid(pkperiodattnum > 0 && fkperiodattnum > 0));
> `
>
> ` if (is_temporal)` branch, you can set the FindFKComparisonOperators
> 10th argument (is_temporal)
> to true, since you are already in the ` if (is_temporal)` branch.
>
> maybe we need some extra comments on
> `
> + numfks += 1;
> + numpks += 1;
> `
> since it might not be that evident?

That branch doesn't exist anymore. Same with the increments.

> Do you think it's a good idea to list arguments line by line (with
> good indentation) is good format? like:
> FindFKComparisonOperators(fkconstraint,
> tab,
> i,
> fkattnum,
> &old_check_ok,
> &old_pfeqop_item,
> pktypoid[i],
> fktypoid[i],
> opclasses[i],
> false,
> false,
> &pfeqoperators[i],
> &ppeqoperators[i],
> &ffeqoperators[i]);

There are places we do that, but most code I've seen tries to fill the line. I haven't followed that
strictly here, but I'm trying to get better at doing what pg_indent wants.

Yours,

--
Paul              ~{:-)
pj@illuminatedcomputing.com

Сообщение: RE: Psql meta-command conninfo+
Сообщение: Re: Psql meta-command conninfo+