Re: [BUGS] Routine analyze of single column prevents standard autoanalyze from running at all

От Jim Nasby
Тема Re: [BUGS] Routine analyze of single column prevents standard autoanalyze from running at all
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 6/6/16 3:23 PM, Josh berkus wrote:
> On 06/06/2016 01:38 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>
>> Also, I'd be a bit inclined to disable the counter reset whenever a column
>> list is specified, disregarding the corner case where a list is given but
>> it includes all the table's analyzable columns.  It doesn't really seem
>> worth the effort to account for that case specially (especially after
>> you consider that index expressions should count as analyzable columns).
>>
>> Thoughts?
>
> +1.  Better to err on the side of duplicate analyzes than none at all.
>
> Also, I'm not surprised this took so long to discover; I doubt most
> users are aware that you *can* analyze individual columns.

Is there any significant advantage to not analyzing all columns? Only
case I can think of is if you have a fair number of columns that have
been toasted; otherwise I'd think IO would completely swamp any other
considerations.
855-TREBLE2 (855-873-2532)   mobile: 512-569-9461