Cannot make GIN intarray index be used by the planner

От Valentine Gogichashvili
Тема Cannot make GIN intarray index be used by the planner
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hello all,

I am trying to move from GiST intarray index to GIN intarray index, but my GIN index is not being used by the planner.

The normal query is like that

select *
  from sourcetablewith_int4
 where ARRAY[myint] <@ myint_array
   and some_other_filters

(with GiST index everything works fine, but GIN index is not being used)

If I create the same table populating it with text[] data like

select myint_array::text[] as myint_array_as_textarray
  into newtablewith_text
  from sourcetablewith_int4

and then create a GIN index using this new text[] column

the planner starts to use the index and queries run with grate speed when the query looks like that:

select *
  from
newtablewith_text
 where ARRAY['myint'] <@
myint_array_as_textarray
   and some_other_filters

Where the problem can be with _int4 GIN index in this constellation?

by now the enable_seqscan i s set to off in the configuration.

With best regards,

-- Valentine Gogichashvili