Re: encoding affects ICU regex character classification

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: encoding affects ICU regex character classification
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2023-12-15 at 16:48 -0800, Jeremy Schneider wrote:
> This goes back to my other thread (which sadly got very little
> discussion): PosgreSQL really needs to be safe by /default/

Doesn't a built-in provider help create a safer option?

The built-in provider's version of Unicode will be consistent with
unicode_assigned(), which is a first step toward rejecting code points
that the provider doesn't understand. And by rejecting unassigned code
points, we get all kinds of Unicode compatibility guarantees that avoid
the kinds of change risks that you are worried about.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis