Re: IMPORTANT: A temporary list for Strategic

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: IMPORTANT: A temporary list for Strategic
Дата
Re: IMPORTANT: A temporary list for Strategic  (Bruno LEVEQUE <bruno.leveque@net6d.com>)
Список pgsql-advocacy
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
1. Yet none of you are marketers. You are developers.
Why do you say that?  I think everyone on this list is interested in
marketing (or they would not be here), and all the people involved in
this thread have already done a fair share of work for that.

I think you are missing my point. You by trade (I believe) are a developer. I by trade am
a Consultant. Ron (I think that was his name) by trade is a marketing guy. That does not
mean that each person can not deliver valid information to the project but it does mean
we all think and process a little different.

Personally, I like to hack, but I do not like to progam. Thus I hire programmers to service
my customers long term programming needs. I like to sell, but can't stand the sales process. Thus I have
a salesman to handle that.

Each person has a particular talent that they are strong in. I have yet to meet a person who's
strong suit is marketing/sales that could handle the amount of divergance that happens on a
mailing list, including my own salesman.

That is why I think that a directed list, temporarily will provide a boon to productivity to the
overall project.

prowess... this is what we are
talking about. MySQL marketing doesn't happen on the frito-lay crumbs
of a developers desk. It happens
in rooms with whiteboards, ties, coffee, cell phone and doughnuts.
The MySQL development process is also different from ours, so why can't
the marketing process be different as well?

It is already different in that we are marketing a project not a product. Yes a product comes from
the resulting project but there is no money incentive. At least not directly. All I am saying is that
marketing people are better at marketing and those people have a certain way they do things and
that developers are better at developing and they have their way of doing things. In short we should
be respectful and open to each way.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

              http://archives.postgresql.org

Сообщение: Re: IMPORTANT: A temporary list for Strategic
Сообщение: Re: IMPORTANT: A temporary list for Strategic