Re: Testing

От Jussi Mikkola
Тема Re: Testing
Дата
Re: Testing  (Shridhar Daithankar <shridhar_daithankar@persistent.co.in>)
Список pgsql-advocacy
Okay. The tests. Is it so, that if I make a new feature, I also make a
test for it? What if that new feature runs without errors, but is very
slow, uses plenty of memory etc. ? Can it leak memory? Is there a test
for all new features? What happens, if there is no test for a feature?
Is there a link from a bug to change tests?

Well, when I look at the release history, and for example 7.3, there was
7.3.4 that came out before 7.4. So there are not very many releases.
That means, that there can't be very many serious bugs left around. Many
bugs would mean that there would need to be minor releases quite often.

Usually it is not just luck, that a product works. But I would like to
tell, that there is a reason, and that also the future releases are very
reliable ;-) Certainly, I would not like to tell, that as a user, you
are the tester... But of course, it is different, if we say, that as a
user, you have the ability to test the software, and verify that it
works properly ;-)

Jussi

--
Jussi Mikkola                Partner, Project Manager
Bonware Oy                   gsm +358 40 830 7561