Re: is it possible to do this? have a subselect that

От Ron
Тема Re: is it possible to do this? have a subselect that
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ron Johnson wrote:

>On Wed, 2003-09-03 at 13:49, Ron wrote:
>

>>see below....
>>
>>Greg Stark wrote:
>>

>>>So I have a query in which some of the select values are subqueries. The
>>>subqueries are aggregates so I don't want to turn this into a join, it would
>>>become too complex and postgres would have trouble optimizing things.
>>>
>>>So my question is, is there some way to have a subselect return multiple
>>>columns and break those out in the outer query?
>>>
>>>Something like:
>>>
>>>SELECT x,y,z,
>>>      (SELECT a,b FROM foo) AS (sub_a,sub_b)
>>> FROM tab
>>>

>>SELECT x, y, z, SS.*
>>    FROM tab, (SELECT a,b FROM foo) SS
>>

>But where's the join between tab and foo?  Wouldn't you then get
>a combinatorial explosion?

Oops, forgot to put the join in. And having re-read the original post I
can see that's what Greg was wanting to avoid. I'll just crawl back to
my corner now.........

От: Guillaume LELARGE
Сообщение: Re: French translation
От: "Andrew J. Kopciuch"
Сообщение: Re: tsearch2 and unexpected exists