Re: authentication question

От Robby Russell
Тема Re: authentication question
Дата
Список pgsql-php
Cath Lawrence wrote:

> On Thursday, August 7, 2003, at 01:12  PM, Robby Russell wrote:
>
>> Cath Lawrence wrote:
>> I'm not sure if this will help you or not, but try adding this to the
>> bottom (seen this as a common practice)
>> # reject all connections from all hosts not granted above
>> host    all             0.0.0.0       0.0.0.0      reject
>

> D'oh! That does it. Thanks Robby.
> Blindly copy'n'paste-ing a line with the wrong netmask did NOT help!
>
> But while I'm here - how does PHP connect? If rejecting connections
> from the local machine and from 127.0.0.1 didn't do the trick, why
> not? (Or is that getting into network issues and I needed the host's
> IP address?)

Cath,
It depends, is the php (on apache I assume) running on the same machine?
If it is, than usually rejecting 127.0.0.1 will do the trick (given that
the /etc/hosts file has an entry for localhost). If it's a remote
connection, than you will need to look at all your configuration
settings to try and determine this issue.

Glad that other bit of info helped though.

--
Robby Russell,  |  Sr. Administrator / Lead Programmer
Command Prompt, Inc.   |  http://www.commandprompt.com

В списке pgsql-php по дате отправления: