Re: (trigger function) -> ERROR: NEW used in non-rule query

От Terence Kearns
Тема Re: (trigger function) -> ERROR: NEW used in non-rule query
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Terence,
>

>>Oh well, can't win them all :/
>

> Nope.  I'll suggest that for the TODO list ... we already have several
> requests for added features for PL/pgSQL.   The problem is that we currently
> don't have a lead developer for PL/pgSQL, so the language has rather
> stagnated.

Well beggers can't be choosers. I find it entirely amazing that one has
access to such a capable product entirely free of charge :)

While people like myself may raise issues from time to time and
sometimes express frustration, it doesn't mean that we don't think that
postgres (and associated tools) is absolutely awsome. I'm more than
content to "make do" ;^) with what postgres has now.

>>Well I suppose I could try TCL. The problem is that there is little to
>>no documentation on postgres stored procedures in TCL and I've never
>>even seen the language before. None the less, I'll look into it. It's
>>almost worth it. If that fails, I may even try perl <shudders>.
>

> And what's wrong with Perl?   Other than the inability to write triggers with
> it?  (We want to enable triggers in PL/perl, but that functionality isn't
> coming until at least 7.5).

Let's just say I don't belong to the very large community who LOVE the
language. Don't get too excited, it's just my personal preference. I
don't find the language "easy" at all (which is how it is towted).

One of these days when I get "spare time" (and the moon is blue), then I
will hit it again and maybe do it justice in terms of effort.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: