Re: Connections sitting idle...

От Raymond O'Donnell
Тема Re: Connections sitting idle...
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
On 10 Dec 2002 at 13:53, Dave Page wrote:

> I think its 40K (iirc). Can you zip/gzip the files?

Ah! - that would do it. Zipped files are attached, and the original
covering email follows.

--Ray.

--------------------
I've attached two logs: the "single instance" one was generated by
clicking my way through the web app in a single browser window, while
the
other was generated from three different browser windows at the same
time.

With three copies of the app running, I had at times nine idle
backends on the database machine, which as far as I could tell hung
around for about 80s each - I times two or three at random, and the
rest seems subjectively to last about the same amount of time. This
was with connection pooling turned *on* - no obvious reuse of
connections - each page opened a new connection, even though the
connection parameters are the same every time.

This machine was running Windows Me and Personal Web Server. I'll be
trying it out on a Win2K machine in the morning.

--Ray.

Raymond O'Donnell     http://www.galwaycathedral.org/recitals
rod@iol.ie                          Galway Cathedral Recitals

If you are using Pegasus Mail, or any another MIME-compliant system,