Re: Time manipulation..

От Medi Montaseri
Тема Re: Time manipulation..
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I have a related question...

Is it faster to set the time via now() during insert or let application
construct one, say a C++ app.
I'm thinking C++ is going to do a bunch of string processing to assemble
this time-stamp, then
PG is going to do some other string processing to convert it into an
internal binary format and
then store it. So perhaps its just faster to have now() set as the
default....

what would you say....

Robert Treat wrote:

>On Tue, 2002-11-12 at 14:35, Williams, Travis L, NPONS wrote:
>

>>If I have a date/time column using timestamp.. how can I manipulate the date/time easily.. like take the date/time
andadd 7 days to it and get the correct date.. or subtract 5 days.. or anything like that.. I can do it all in perl
(whichI have done in the past).. but I hate dealing with month/year roll overs..