Re: pgaccess - where to store the own data

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: pgaccess - where to store the own data
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] pgaccess - where to store the own data
Список pgsql-interfaces
Iavor Raytchev wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> There is an open question we need broad opinion on.
>
> Currently pgaccess stores its own data in the database it works with.
> Some people do not like that. To store it elsewhere invokes a number of
> issues such as:
>
> - where is this somewhere
> - converting form all versions to the new
> - etc.
>
> What do people think about this. Is it so bad that the own data is
> stored in the database pgaccess works with?

I don't particularly like it. Oracle deals with this by having a
database unto itself as a management repository (Oracle Enterprise
Manager, OEM, I believe). You register the database you want to manage
with the repository, and the metadata is kept there instead of in each
managed database.

Joe