Problem to start ´postmaster´ on win95 (cygwin)

От Dirk Harms
Тема Problem to start ´postmaster´ on win95 (cygwin)
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin
Hi,

I've installed the current (taken yesterday)  cygwin-version on win95
with the postgres-DB. I also installed the current version of cygipc.

After starting the ipc-daemon:

pgsql> ipc-daemon &

and setting up the database:

pgsql> initdb - D /path/to/db

which runs without any errors, I tried:

pgsql> postmaster -D /path/to/db

and got the error message:

"FATAL: StreamServerPort: socket() failed: Addresses in the specified
family cannot be used with this socket
/usr/bin/postmaster: cannot create UNIX stream port"

Can't find any hint in the documantation about this error :-((

Isn't it possible to run postgresql on Win95?
How to fix my problem?

BR Dirk Harms