Re: Plans for solving the VACUUM problem

От Hannu Krosing
Тема Re: Plans for solving the VACUUM problem
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Mikheev, Vadim" wrote:

> > >Oracle has MVCC?
> >
> > With restrictions, yes.
>
> What restrictions? Rollback segments size?
> Non-overwriting smgr can eat all disk space...

Is'nt the same true for an overwriting smgr ? ;)

> > You didn't know that?  Vadim did ...
>
> Didn't I mention a few times that I was
> inspired by Oracle? -:)

How does it do MVCC with an overwriting storage manager ?

Could it possibly be a Postgres-inspired bolted-on hack
needed for better concurrency ?

BTW, are you aware how Interbase does its MVCC - is it more
like Oracle's way or like PostgreSQL's ?

Hannu

Сообщение: Re: Plans for solving the VACUUM problem
Сообщение: Re: Plans for solving the VACUUM problem