Re: Problems compiling 7.1 with TCL support on Solaris 7

От Andy Howarth
Тема Re: Problems compiling 7.1 with TCL support on Solaris 7
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Rasputin wrote:

> If fixing tcl is too scary (no offence) just become root and type
>
> ln -s `which gcc` /bin/cc

Tried that, gcc spits out the -KPIC option and then ld joins in the fun
by complaining loudly. (See my original post).

Tom Lane wrote:

> > You have a broken Tcl installation.
> >
> > pltcl tries to use the compiler and switches specified in Tcl's
> > tclConfig.sh file.  Evidently the copy of that file that you have
> > has nothing to do with your system.

Thanks Tom. I asked the colleague who installed it, he obtained and
installed a precompiled binary...

Now all I have to do is get Tk to install properly, never had much luck
with that on Solaris. (Missing X files.)

Here goes. Thanks for the replies.

Regards,
Andy.