Re: RPMs (was Re: Re: Beta2 ... ?)

От Lamar Owen
Тема Re: RPMs (was Re: Re: Beta2 ... ?)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Lamar Owen writes:
> > Does the python build stuff use DESTDIR these days?
> It does not.  You'd have to delve into the internals of the
> Python-provided makefiles.  I might just have to do that, but if you want
> to look then let me know because this should get fixed.

Hmmm.  Then I may just keep the python build I have now, as it should
still work, and it is a 'full-manual' build.
> > The perl stuff needs some other things, unfortunately.  I need to look
> > in the CPAN RPM spec's to get examples of how to do this portably
> > without major connarptions.
> The Perl build hasn't changed since 7.0 in dramatic ways.

Well, it's pretty dramatic to get the starred box saying that I don't
have permissions to install to where I want to install it when I'm
running as root.  Or, to put it more tersely, the 7.0 build worked in
the RPM build context -- the 7.1 build does not with the same build
technique.

The root cause is an if [ -w check for the intalldir, which is set to an
entirely inappropriate place.

So, there are differences (I think the new way is going to be smoother,
personally, once I get it working again).
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio